For locomotives and freight cars.
Wheel Diameter 26" - 48"
SPARK-PROOF Urethane Wheel Chocks are tough enough to block a tank car, but resilient enough that the car can be pulled over the chock by a locomotive without derailing. No more trying to yank free a steel chock that is stuck under a wheel. When it’s time to move, just pull the car over the chock and retrieve the chock later.
- 4” high, ideal for chocking locomotives.
- Available in exposed rail or flush rail version.
- Handles are 24” long. When installed on flush rail, the handles are 1-1/2” above the pavement for easy grasping.
- Wt: 9 lbs.
- For use on flat track only. Do not use chocks on grades.
- Set brake before installing chocks. Rail car or locomotive must be stopped and brakes applied before chocks can be placed.
- Do not use chock if rail car or locomotive is lifted up at one end for inspection or repair.
- Chock both ends of the rail car or locomotive.
- Use on rails 90 to 155 lbs./yd.
- For wheel diameters 26" - 48".
- Do not use on oily or greasy rail as chock will slide.
- When rail car is ready to be moved, you may pull car over chocks. They will return to their original shape.
- Replace chocks if urethane is torn or cracked.